Basler Turbo Conversions of Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA is offering two BT-67 Maritime Patrol Aircraft plus two BT-67 FLIR Gunship for the Philippine Air Force s Long Range Patrol Aircraft acquisition program. The four BT-67 aircraft will be capable in conducting aerial maritime patrol over the EEZ, ECS and the Kalayaan Island Group of the Philippines. This offer can be an affordable and a fast implementation solution to the long running PAF LRPA acquisition saga.
The Basler BT-67 s affordability and capabilities as a Multi Mission Aircraft will enable the Philippines to buy more of the aircraft, or use the savings to buy other needed defense equipment. The BT-67 MPA, with additional sensors as compared to the BT-67 FLIR Gunship, can be a good long range Maritime Patrol and ISR Aircraft platform.
Basler Turbo Conversions has sold more than 63 BT-67 s worldwide so far. The Basler BT-67 has been used by the U.S.A.F. SOF Command, U.S. Department of State and U.S. Forest Service, and is widely used by the Thailand and Colombia Air Forces. Other Air Forces using the Basler BT-67 are that of Mauritania, Mali, El Salvador, and Guatemala. The BT-67 equipped with electronics, sensors and tail/nose booms has been widely used by Scientific, and Geophysical Survey companies. Commercial cargo airlines, some of which also ferry passengers in combi configuration, has attained 98% availability operating in rough areas.
In the Philippine Air Force, the Basler BT-67 MPA and FLIR Gunship versions can supplement their other aircraft in Combat Air Support, Maritime Patrol, Transport and other missions. The Basler BT-67 has been fitted with belly hard points that can carry 11,000+ lbs while wing hard points has been certified for 100 lbs per side on wing tips, and 500 lbs per side on the outer wings. These capabilities open up opportunities for future fittings and certifications for additional sensors, and even weapons systems.
The BT-67's most important advantages are its
1. Capability - 40 troop or 18 (C-47 type) litters capacity; 10,000 lb. payload over 650 nautical miles or 2,600 lb. payload over 1875 nautical miles (with long range tanks); loiter time of over target of 10.3 hours (with 45 minute reserve, using long range tanks); and Cargo Deck of 7 feet width at floor level, 6.5 feet height, 42 feet length for a total 1225 Cubic Feet internal volume.
2. Affordability - With its low acquisition, operating and maintenance costs, coupled to its long service life, as proven in many Air Forces, is the solution to many of the Philippine Air Force's wide spectrum mission requirements.
3. Reliability - The average mission capability rate over the worldwide BT-67 fleet is at over 95% including operations in isolated areas. The U.S. Air Force BT-67 availability rate was 100% during the 3 years that they operated it. BT-67 has 98% availability rate in airliner service.
4. Deliverability - The Basler BT-67 can usually be delivered within 1 year after the contract is signed, and available via U.S. Foreign Military Sales.
5. Maintainability - Basler Turbo has eighteen 40-foot containers of parts, plus a large parts warehouse that are available within 24 hours worldwide via air courier delivery, for the past almost 30 years.
Other Basler BT-67 Advantages are
1. Fully customizable configurations as per client exact requirements.
2. Rough-field STOL in such an aircraft size with low stall speed and low approach speed suitable for Maritime Patrol.
3. Autonomous engine self-start capability for remote areas operations.
4. Industry leading service from Basler with widely-available aviation parts.
5. Easy-access service panels that allows for over-the-wing refueling and repairs eliminating the need for special equipment.
6. Engine-exhaust-vent-over-the-wing design significantly reduce IR signature to ground sensors for lowered MANPADS vulnerability.
7. Basler Turbo Conversions can service the BT-67 wherever with engine overhaul and heavy maintenance shops worldwide.
The BT-67 is fitted with all new two(2) proven reliable Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67R engines with Hartzell 5-blade aluminum reversing propeller. It has digital avionics with Full IFR Multi Function Displays, GPS, Weather radar, and HF radio, with full spectrum options available. The digital instrument panel and exterior lighting is Night Vision Goggles compatible.
The BT-67 is Stage III quiet, and certified for known ice conditions. The BT-67 also has new De-icing, Air conditioning, Stall Warning, Oxygen supply, Fire monitoring, with the engine nacelles and radome made of composite material.
Both the BT-67 Maritime Patrol version and the BT-67 FLIR Gunship version can do aerial maritime/ground monitoring and patrol, using the FLIR ball sensors that is common to both. The FLIR Gunship carries additional weapons, while the Maritime Patrol version carries additional sensors and electronics. The BT-67 can go out to the extremes of our EEZ, Kalayaan Island Group, and Philippine Rise ECS then loiter for 8 Hours.
The BT-67 FLIR Gunship version configuration is being improved by Basler Turbo with the addition of a Syzygy Weapons Interface equipped with Mission Management Software, Bus Interface to FLIR EO/IR and Rail System, Slight Alignment for use with Gun System and EO/IR, and MA4B 14" NATO Ejector Racks. This will provide more accuracy to the 20mm guns.
For the BT-67 Maritime Patrol version, Basler Turbo has configured it with a WGS Patrol Package that includes:
- FLIR HD
- Selex Seaspray
- Magnetic Anomaly Detector
- Bouy Deployment System
- Bouy Transceiver System
- Downlink System
- Tactical Data Link
- AIS Receiver
- DSLR Cameras & Camcorders
- Multi Media Projectors
- BTC Installation
- Search Radar Radome
It also includes Ground Stations - Fixed Ground Stations, Mobile Ground Stations, and Man Portable Ground Stations.